Hi! My name is Megan. I’m a web developer in the Cleveland, OH area.
I currently work at KHM Travel Group as the Systems & Development Manager. In this position, I manage a small team that is collectively responsible for:
- Ordering, Setup, and Maintenance of Computers, Laptops, Software, and Other Equipment
- Technical Support for Internal Team Members and Independent Travel Agents
- Development and Maintenance of our Internal and External Websites
- Evaluation and Selection of Software and Tools to Assist in the Business’s Operations
- Training of Team Members on Software, Tools, and Web Technologies
My background is in HTML, CSS, PHP, and WordPress development. I have experience with theme/plugin development, WordPress Multisite, the Customizer API, and various 3rd-party APIs.
I’ve had an interest in computers ever since my brother and I played games on our old Atari and I made ASCII art on my NEC PC-8201a. I first learned HTML and CSS on Neopets when I was 12 years old. I received my Bachelors of Science in Technology degree from Bowling Green State University in 2014. While in school, I completed three co-ops/internships in the fields of graphic design, photography, and web design/development.
The communities I’m involved in have created so many opportunities for me, so I give back wherever I can. I am involved in organizing a WordPress Meetup group, organizing WordCamp Kent, volunteering at Cleveland GiveCamp, and within the travel industry.
Read more about my community involvement.